Monday 11 March 2013

The Oscars


Well… as I missed the London fashion week, I told myself that don’t miss the 85th Oscar Awards Red Carpet Live. Because there will be a list of stars, dazzling dresses, sharp suits and smiles so white they will bruise our eyes. 

I downloaded the live from the Internet instead of watch it online, which was easier for me to screen capture & pause &play backward & skip the bits I don’t like. 

Anne Hathaway is my favorite actress; I jumped straight away from the beginning to see what was her wearing for this Awards and I was totally surprised by her pink column – style gown from Prada. The halter neck tied down the back of the dress like a present ribbon. While this design wasn’t my favorite of the night, the dress has a very delicate feel that suits Anne and her equally delicate features well.

Anne joined Jennifer Laurence in sporting the back jewelry trend by letting her floral necklace from Tiffany &Co. drape past her shoulders. I love the trend, but in this case the necklace competes with the crisscross of the open back of the dress. Anne wore beautiful silver ankle strap heels and a pink Roger Vivier clutch.






Jennifer Lawrence looked stunning in a Dior Haute Couture dress. This Dior gown looks pleasingly like my nan’s lampshade and despite having a rigid skirt doesn’t look too constrictive. The soft up-do and lack of excessive jewellery works for her and Laurence looks more comfortable. By choosing to wear a delicate Chopard necklace down her back, Jennifer is undoubtably restarting back jewellery trend, and I'm eager to see how quickly it takes off. 


Another actress I have looked at is Amanda Seyfried from The ‘Les Misérables’ wore a custom Alexander McQueen halter gown. The reason I chose her dress to write about is because I'm crazy about this brand.
 Back to the topic, the lilac organza gown covered in silver dragonfly embroidery is a subtle enough hue to be perfectly in line with the trend of the night–nude–but the halter and keyhole neckline do stand apart from the crowd of strapless gowns.



Her pastel makeup, softly finished hair and Lorraine Schwartz earrings complete a perfectly ethereal look, but unfortunately, the whole thing strikes me as a little 1980s, and I’m not crazy about it.


Jennifer Aniston wore Valentino red highly arrived at Oscar Awards. Which surprise me because the strapless bodice and full skirt was a departure for her- who often opts for monochromatic tones and typically favourite more body conscious looks. 

Jen Aniston never wears her hair up on the red carpet, and tonight was no different with her effortless, straight blow-out. But I really think this dress had make her unique and stands out. 

In fact, the gown actually reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence’s 2013 Golden Globe Awards Christian Dior Couture statement—minus the pointy cone-bra bodice and belt.




But it didn’t have as much dynamic impact as I would have liked. This is still a silhouette that we’ve seen strutted out by stars many times before.



Minimal jewels, including geometric diamond earrings and bangle bracelets, along with a matching red Salvatore Ferragamo clutch completed the look.





No comments:

Post a Comment